We won't "win" over in Iraq, ever, and that's all I'm going to say.
Bravo!!! Good post!
We won't "win" over in Iraq, ever, and that's all I'm going to say.
Officially retired
Theys no real way to determine if we "win" a war, we can accomplish our goals. A unconditional surrender is not gonna happen in our wars of today. We can either help change the world or sit back and do nothing, I hate seeing or hearing of a soldier dying, I have very close friends knee deep in it, but thats what they do, thats what I tell myself. I support every single troop 100%, if you do not support the war, that is fine. But do not expect a we won or lost anytime soon.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
I agree I think as Americans regardless of how we feel about the war or Bush in general, we need to support the troops 100%. I think this is starting to look more and more like Vietnam every day.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
It's not a matter of if we won or lost. This war is a lot like Vietnam..Militarily we will prevail in every battle we fight there. We will occupy ground that will be reclaimed by the enemy the minute we leave. The problem is Iraqis are not unified in wanting our changes. They are countrymen in name only..because they live in the same boundries of the same country. But their agenda is determined by which sect they belong to, which was determined centuries ago. The sects there have always hated each other and always will. They will never be unified except against an invading foreign presence. The various sects want us gone so they can grab up as much of the country as they can for their sect. Whether we leave tomorrow or 20 years from now, there will be fighting for control of that country upon our departure, which will likly result in another dictatorship or despot leader. That is the only thing that can stabalize the country. They only understand brutality. That is why we are sabotaged so often by every sect over there except for maybe the kurds. We won a military victory, but we will never win the hearts of 99% of the people of Iraq. And, furthermore keeping troops in the country only ensures one thing...more of our own come home in body bags. History will remember our war in Iraq much like it does Vietnam...a military victory on all fronts but a diplomatic and foreign policy failure.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks